This salad is a great change of pace from boring 'ol House salads. Sometimes you've just got to change up the typical lettuce, carrots and tomatoes! I adore the crunch in this salad and the natural sweetness from the fruit. The Super Crunch salad is great for folks, like my husband, who don't care for cooked vegetables, but love the crunch of raw veggies.
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup julienned (matchstick shaped) Fuji apple (about ½ large apple)
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- ½ cup chopped celery hearts with leaves (this is the inner, tender part of the celery bunch)
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- Mix all dressing ingredients, except for the oil, in a small mixing bowl. In a slow, steady stream, whisk the oil into the dressing. Adjust salt to taste.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a medium size bowl. Add enough dressing to coat the vegetables. You probably won’t need to use all of the dressing.