These pops are creamy from the yogurt, yet have texture from the walnuts and dates. The orange blossom water adds a hint of exotic flavor, with a touch of sweetness from the honey.
- 3 cups (24 ounces) of plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1-1/2 tsp orange blossom water
- 3 TBSP honey
- 3/4 cup plump, pitted dates, chopped into small pieces (about 8-9 large dates)
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- Popsicle mold and sticks, or wax coated paper cups ( I used the Norpro 10-3 ounce mold)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place walnuts on a sheet pan and bake in the oven until toasted, about 8-10 minutes.
- Allow walnuts to cool. Once cool, chop the walnuts into small pieces, almost finely chopped.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the walnuts, yogurt, honey, orange blossom water and dates until well combined.
- With a teaspoon, evenly fill popsicle molds. Periodically tap mold on counter and use a butter knife to push yogurt mixture down into mold. The goal here is to get rid of the air pockets. If you have skinny molds like I do, this part can get a little messy.
- Freeze until solid, about 2 hours.
Run popsicle mold under hot water to remove yogurt pops.