This is the only way you can get me to eat hard boiled eggs: mashed and flavored with savory herbs like dill! Great for any meal of the day! Not only does the egg mixture taste great on toast, but I love topping a salad with it for some extra protein.
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons freshly chopped dill
- 2 teaspoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, plus more to taste if necessary
- pinch of kosher salt
- 2 pieces of toast or 3 english muffins, preferably whole grain
- Separate cooked egg whites from the yolks. Place the yolks in a small mixing bowl. Chop the egg whites and to the bowl with the yolks.
- Add the chopped dill, tahini, lemon juice and salt to the eggs and mash until mixture is well combined.
- This is the time to add more lemon juice if it's to your taste.
- Toast bread and spread egg salad over toast.
Hard boiled eggs, in the shell or peeled, keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week