This is the perfect "just a bite" dessert. You'll get cream, fruit and chocolate all in one bite. You may not need all 3/4 cup of chocolate, but better to have extra just in case!
- 1/2 of an 8.8 ounce container mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 16 medium sized strawberries, stems and leaves removed
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips, preferably 69% cacao
- After washing and plucking off the leaves, dry the strawberries. Using a paring knife, cut the core out of the strawberries, creating a cavity that will later be filled with mousse.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high in 30 second increments. Stir in between each 30 seconds.
- Dip each strawberry about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way to the cored top. Place each berry on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet.
- Place pan in the fridge until chocolate sets, about 20 minutes.
- On the high speed setting of a mixer, whip the mascarpone, cardamom and honey until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- In another bowl, whip the cream until fluffy peaks form, about 2 minutes or less. Fold whipped cream into mascarpone mixture.
- Spoon a heaping teaspoon of cream into each strawberry. Or, spoon mousse into a large ziplock bag. Cut the tip off one of the ends of the bag and pipe the mousse into the strawberries.
- Serve and enjoy!