Winter Salad with Pomegranate, Blue Cheese and Prosciutto Crisps
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 TBSP sherry vinegar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 4 cups mixed greens or baby spinach
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (see my post on how to de-seed a pomegranate without making a mess!)
- 1 TBSP + 1 tsp crumbled blue cheese
- Prosciutto crisps: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or piece of parchment paper. Place prosciutto slices on baking sheet and bake in oven until dried and crispy. Bake 15 minutes for paper thin slices. Slices from prepackaged brands may be a little thicker and will take approximately 20 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Dijon dressing: In a small mixing bowl, add the mustard, vinegar, salt, and garlic powder. Whisk to combine. While whisking, add the oil in a thin steady stream.
- Assemble the salads: In a medium size mixing bowl, toss the dressing with the greens. Place the dressed greens evenly among four plates. Distribute the pomegranate seeds, blue cheese and prosciutto crisps evenly over the 4 salads
Recipe by Lindsey Pine MS, RD, CSSD, CLT