Westwood Wahine Tiki Inspired Cocktail
Light and refreshing, this cocktail is great for lounging on a beautiful sunny day!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 cinnamon sticks
Cinnamon Simple Syrup (will make 1 cup - save for future drinks!)
- 4 mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce white rum
- 1 ounce POG (pineapple, orange guava juice)
- 1 dash bitters
- Enough ice to fill up a 8 ounce glass 3/4 of the way up ( a large handful)
- 1 ounce sparkling water or club soda
- Combine the sugar, water and cinnamon sticks in a saucepan.
- Bring mixture up to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and let cinnamon sticks steep for 2 hours.
- Remove sticks and store simple syrup in an airtight container in the fridge
For the simple syrup:
- Muddle the mint leaves in the bottom of a shaker. Add the cinnamon simple syrup, lime juice, rum, POG, bitters and ice. Shake for 10 seconds and pour into a 8 ounce glass.
- Top with the sparkling water or club soda and give a light stir to combine.
For the cocktail:
Recipe by Lindsey Pine MS, RD, CSSD, CLT