Candied Maple-Cinnamon Walnuts
- 1 cup raw walnut halves
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (Grade B is fine)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, cinnamon, salt and maple syrup. Stir with a spatula to thoroughly mix.
- Pour nut mixture onto a baking sheet, making sure to scrape up all of the maple syrup. Bake for 15 minutes. Allow nuts to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Recipe by Lindsey Pine MS, RD, CSSD, CLT