Sweet Potato Fries with Blue Cheese and Walnuts
What's better than sweet potato fries? Sweet potato fries with walnuts AND blue cheese!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4" thick sticks
- 1 tsp oil (olive, canola, grapeseed, avocado or culinary algae oil)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/3 cup walnut halves, very coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place silicone baking mat or parchment paper on a sheet pan.
- Put potatoes, oil and salt on baking mat and combine to coat potatoes. Spread potatoes, leaving space between them. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Add walnuts to pan and cook for 5 more minutes. Be careful not to burn the walnuts.
- Transfer to a platter and sprinkle blue cheese on top while potatoes and walnuts are still hot.
Recipe by Lindsey Pine MS, RD, CSSD, CLT