Looking for a savory way to cook with persimmons? Look no further than this veggie + fruit side dish, topped with rich and creamy goat cheese. Not only are getting vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, but you're also eating gut-healthy prebiotics!
- 4 Leeks, dark green leaves and stem removed
- 2 Fuyu persimmons, about 1/4" thick slices (leave skin on; do not peel!)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons soft goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Prepare trimmed leeks by removing 2-3 of the top papery layers. Cut in half lengthwise and wash well under running water. Dry leek halves and cut into large chunks, about 1-1/2" in length.
- Place leeks and sliced persimmons on lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Make sure everything gets coated evenly with the oil and salt.
- Roast in oven for about 20 minutes.
- Divide leeks and persimmons among 4 plates and sprinkle 1-1/2 teaspoons of goat cheese over each of the four portions.
Trader Joe's sells trimmed leeks in packs of two. They're almost cleaned of all dirt and only need a quick rinse.