I love cranberry sauce and red wine, so why not have them both! The sweetness of the orange juice allowed me to cut the sugar in half of what is typically used in popular cranberry sauce recipes.
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (should only need 1 juicy orange)
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 12 ounce bag fresh cranberries
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest (from 1 orange)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Add sugar, orange juice and wine to a medium size sauce pan. Turn heat on high and stir to dissolve the sugar. Should only take about 1 minute.
- Add cranberries, lemon zest, orange zest, cinnamon and salt to saucepan and bring to a boil. Once cranberries come to a boil, turn heat down to low and simmer for 15 minutes. It will thicken as it cools.
- Cool before serving.