Guacamole Cucumber Coins
This low carb appetizer with veggies and healthy fats also makes for a great snack for anytime of the day!
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado pulp (1 small avocado)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Few dashes hot sauce
- 20 slices English cucumber, sliced 1/4" thick
- 1/8 cup chopped toasted walnuts or pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the mashed avocado, garlic powder, lime juice, salt, cilantro and hot sauce. Mix well.
- Place 1 teaspoon guacamole on each cucumber round and top with 1/4 teaspoon walnuts or pepitas.
Recipe by Lindsey Pine MS, RD, CSSD, CLT