Who says yogurt parfaits have to be sweet? Savory parfaits are all the rage! You can experiment and add any type of herb and veggie combination that you fancy.
The yogurt itself can be eaten immediately, but tastes best if it sits in the fridge for at least 1 hour for the sharpness of the shallot to mellow.
- 1 cup 2% plain greek yogurt or skyr
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 Persian cucumbers, diced (leave skin on), divided into 2 portions
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided into 2 portions
- freshly cracked black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, salt, shallot, lemon and dill.
- If you have the time, cover dilled yogurt and let sit for at least 1 hour to allow for the sharpness of the shallot to mellow.
- Evenly portion the yogurt between 2 serving bowls and top each serving with cucumber, olive oil and black pepper.