Part spiced applesauce, part pumpkin butter, this condiment is addictive! I love to spoon it over oatmeal, but most of the time I just eat it straight with a spoon! I love to bite into chunks of apple, but if you like smooth applesauce, feel free to puree.
- 1 lb green apples (3 small apples), chopped into 1/4" pieces (DO NOT PEEL)
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup 100% pumpkin puree
- Place all ingredients, except for the pumpkin, into a saucepan and bring liquid to a boil.
- As soon as liquid comes to a boil, turn heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring a few times during the cooking process.
- Add the pumpkin puree and cook for 3 more minutes.
Tastes delicious warm or cold.